Week Six

Week Six: Game Objects

This week I have been working on a number of things, primarily looking through my photographs and paintings in order to gather textures and images to use as assets in the game. 



I plan on using these pieces from my personal archive to use as materials throughout the environment. I hope to create a collaged look to the work and take it away from realism and into a more stylized aesthetic. This has also allowed me to use my artistic practice and incorporate places from my own experience into the environment. The reuse of these textures will also serve to create a unified look to the environment. I am excited to see how these photographic elements will function along side the painted and digitally rendered elements.



The interiors of the houses are also in progress. I have been working on the overall layout of the three house interiors, as well as working with the lighting and materials within them. I want to create spaces that allow for a narrative reveal as the character walks through them. I am going to continue to move these things around as I place more objects into the space.


I am also continuing to work on the outside scene in Unity. I am reshaping the terrain as well as moving elements around in order to change the way the player will experience it. I want to use these objects and environmental features to guide the player through the game in the order that works best for the narrative. Many of these things are going to continue to change as I work through the project. Luckily the Unity software has been pretty useful in terms of allowing for experimentation as I work through my ideas.

Comments

Popular Posts