Week Eight

Week Eight: Reveal


One of my main priorities this week has been intensifying the environment and setting up environmental features that will complement the narrative. I am using a series of the terrain game objects in order to create the environment the player will interact with as well as the background, or distant land. I plan on lowering the player ability to jump high as well as increasing the steep angle of the mountains in order to keep the player in the area that I want to.

I am also experimenting with particle effects that will lead the player to the goal and important places within the environment. The end goal has a glowing particle system that intensifies as the day becomes night which allows the narrative to unfold as time passes within the game. I want to keep experimenting with the wide variety of particle effects options and continue to use them with the interiors and other scenes as a cue to what is important. 




This week I have been working on the enteriors of the house and working on the transitions into these scenes. Each house has a different layout, color scheme and lighting. The house scenes are large enough for the space to reveal it's self as the people walks through, but not too large that too much time is spent in each house but traveling between them. I plan to utilize some of the same materials and objects from the exterior environment as well as creating specific elements for each different house. 




The houses will be filled with objects the player will interact with in order to lead them through the narrative, including written notes that the player will read. I am using the animation window in Unity in order to allow the player a closer look at these objects they need to read or interact with in the houses.


I am still working on attaching better videos but for now, here is an example of the day passing within the game! Next week I will explain more about some of the technical changes that I have been experimenting with as well as show some more the the models and animations so far!

Comments

Popular Posts