Week Five

Week Five: Interiors and Exteriors


The first thing I have focused on this week is further developing the terrain. It came to my attention that the player could simply walk off of the terrain and easily see its edge. Therefore, I decided to make the terrain around the edge of the game more extreme in order to prevent this. Later on I plan to use scripting to also define the area in which the player can actually go within the environment. 


This week I have also been focusing on the continuing progress of the many model I am making in Maya. I am adding more details and components to complicate the objects and make them look more realistic while still keeping them somewhat stylized. I will continue to work on these in the following weeks until I get them to a point I am happy with. As I work on the models, I continually place them within Unity to see how they look within the scene as well as with one another. However, in terms of working within Unity, I am going to keep working with prefabs until the models are completely finished.



In addition to the models I have also began to work on the other scenes within Unity. This includes the interior of the three houses as well as the start-screen. I have been using game objects within Unity to create the basic shapes and design of these rooms so that I can later add the content that I will be creating in Maya.


In order to access these other scenes I had to create a door that will allow the player to enter. The door object will have a C# script attached to it that will allow the player to enter the next scene (inside the house) when they get close enough to the door. Next I will create an animation that occurs when the door opens and the charter moves inside. Eventually, the second and third houses will only be able to be opened once the player has found a key. This will allow me to control the order in which the player experiance the different houses and create a more linear flow to the experience.



Comments

Popular Posts